Endpoint address dns resolution - option to prefer IPv6 or IPv4

Stefan Tatschner stefan at rumpelsepp.org
Sat Mar 14 08:40:55 CET 2020

On Fri, 2020-03-13 at 15:52 +0100, Torsten Krah wrote:
> I would like to configure the client, so that I can tell him, to
> either prefer IPv6 or IPv4 for the vpn connection.

If you use the Wireguard Support in NetworkMananger, it does update the
Endpoint dynamically. I am not sure if you can configure a preference
on v4/v6, but at least it updates the endpoint automatically depending
on the current network capabilities. IIRC it uses the system wide
settings in /etc/gai.conf.