Multihoming?

Alex Besogonov alex.besogonov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:22:27 CEST 2020

Hi, list!

I’ve read the source code Wireguard implementations and it appears that true multihoming seems to be impossible with the current protocol. By true multihoming I mean possibility of using multiple connections at the same time, preferably with configurable rates for them on both sides.

A typical use-case would be a small office using two independent ISPs to connect to a Wireguard server, so that failure of one of them would not cause service interruption. Or a mobile user with an LTE and WiFi connections used simultaneously.

Any ideas on how this could be implemented?