Search Domain/DNS Suffix

Duncan X Simpson virtualdxs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 00:04:22 CET 2020

Hello all,

I'm trying to deploy a wireguard VPN for a small company and it's
working great, with one issue: On Windows/Mac I can't find a way to
set search domains on the connection. Windows, I can probably just set
a system-wide search domain via the registry (I plan to test that
tonight), but on Mac I can't figure out anything. Even the normal
command line method, networksetup -setsearchdomains [interface],
doesn't take effect - I can retrieve whatever I set with networksetup
-getsearchdomains [interface], but it's not used by the system.

Does anybody know a solution or workaround?

Duncan X Simpson, K7DXS
Removal of this tagline is a violation of Federal Law.