Shouldn't devices tethered to a device using Wireguard share the same IP?

Harsh Shandilya me at msfjarvis.dev
Thu May 21 09:05:27 CEST 2020

On May 21 2020, at 2:23 am, Jose Marinez <jedi_papi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Mehdi. I'll take a look.
>
> @Harsh,
>
> Thank you for the clarification. I will reach out to both. I know that
> on macOS Catalina, Apple implemented new APIs for loading kernel
> modules now that the core of the OS is read-only. Not sure if they've
> done the same for iOS. Perhaps they'll announce that next month.
>
>> @Harsh - I do have a rooted Android device with Wireguard on I can use
>> for tethering. Say I build my kernel module from the list you sent.
>> How do I go about integrating it into the Wireguard Android app?

> Let me see if I understand you correctly. Are you saying that if I
> take my rooted phone make the /kernels folder add the manifest.xml and
> corresponding version kernel, the regular Wireguard app in the Play
> Store will utilize it? I'm trying to make sure I follow.

If you contribute your device's kernel to the repository I linked for
you, then we will build and host a signed kernel module for it. When you
go into the WireGuard app's settings page, you will find an option
titled, at least in English, "Download and install kernel module".
Pressing that will attempt to locate the module previously created by
the WireGuard infrastructure and load it onto your device.