Question about origin of packet relative to peer

nicolas prochazka prochazka.nicolas at gmail.com
Wed May 27 21:41:53 CEST 2020

Yes, I can mark the  wireguard packet  allowedips but i cannot attach
to the associated peer.In my configuration, ip from wireguard (
alllowedip) can come from different peer ( because i'm using different
mask for allowedips and multiple tunnel).
My issue is that a packet can be used by a peer and come back by an
other one ( the packet is routing by allowed-ips, not by it's peer
entry

Example :

On server side S1
Peer A (client peer)
allowedips 192.168.1.0/24

Peer B  ( an other "wireguard server"  S2  )
allowedIps 192.168.1.100/32

On client Side, allowedIp is set on s2 and if s2 down , set to s1
peer s1 ==> server S1
peer s2 ==> server S2 ==> server S1

Of course it does not work, packet routing does not work
client ==> S2 ==>  S1 (peer A)  ==>  then response route to peer (B)

Regards,
Nicolas