FreeBSD if_wg POINTTOPOINT and MULTICAST behaviour

Muenz, Michael m.muenz at spam-fetish.org
Fri Apr 16 12:14:02 UTC 2021

Am 16.04.2021 um 10:57 schrieb Stefan Haller:
> After applying Toke's patch for bird and your Wireguard patch in
> a7a84a17faf784 everything is working as before (with minor config
> changes).
>
> Just for the record, my previous configuration looked like this (using
> POINTTOPOINT interfaces, I use ifconfig to set the peer address):

Hi,

Just following the conversation and also had a quick chat with Jason via
IRC (mimugmail).
We had a couple of reports that with latest change of removing PTP which
breaks OSPF.
In our case (OPNsense) we rely on FRR so it would be nice to have a
generic solution without toucingh routing software itself.

> So for me everything works as expected again. A big thanks to all of you for
> figuring out what was going wrong and getting it fixed so quickly.

I set up a lab and will do some testing with version before and after
the change, maybe for FRR it's enough to set NBMA or similar.

Best,

Michael