[ANNOUNCE] wireguard-freebsd snapshot v0.0.20210424 is available

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sat Apr 24 17:15:57 UTC 2021

Hi,

An experimental snapshot, v0.0.20210424, of WireGuard for FreeBSD has been
been tagged in the git repository.

At this time this code is new, unvetted, possibly buggy, and should be
considered "experimental". It might contain security issues. We gladly
welcome your testing and bug reports, but do keep in mind that this code
is new, so some caution should be exercised at the moment for using it
in mission critical environments.

== Changes ==

  This is our biggest snapshot ever, aside from the initial one, with a pretty
  crazy amount of code changed/rewritten/reworked:

   TODO.md                   |   14 +-
   src/compat.h              |   15 +-
   src/crypto.c              |   92 +
   src/crypto.h              |    9 +
   src/if_wg.c               | 3076 +++++++++++++++------------------
   src/selftest/allowedips.c |  625 +++++++
   src/selftest/cookie.c     |  291 ++++
   src/selftest/counter.c    |   97 ++
   src/support.h             |   62 +-
   src/version.h             |    2 +-
   src/wg_cookie.c           |  430 +++--
   src/wg_cookie.h           |   92 +-
   src/wg_noise.c            | 1447 ++++++++++------
   src/wg_noise.h            |  199 +--

  In addition to adding automated selftests for some of the more critical and
  finicky algorithms, we've squashed numerous bugs basically everywhere, added
  proper reference counting, epoch usage, and locking where it makes sense, and
  fixed up several critical state machines. Because of the size of this
  snapshot, I'm not going to annotate every commit like usual, but if you're
  curious, many of the commits in the git repo have quite a bit of commentary.

  Hopefully this is a massive step toward getting this kmod complete and stable.
  With all the churn, I would expect some whonkiness, at least in the short
  term, but I don't anticipate anything we won't be able to address quickly.

This snapshot contains commits from: Matt Dunwoodie, Jason A. Donenfeld, and
Frank Behrens.

The source repository is available at the usual location:
  git clone https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-freebsd

This snapshot is available in compressed tarball form:
  https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-freebsd/snapshot/wireguard-freebsd-0.0.20210424.tar.xz
  SHA2-256: bfa8d3c4854f802567db51a89fdea32e7bf98a3d54a525359bdb240f2e864735

Thank you,
Jason Donenfeld