wgX iface as slave to a bridge - Linux

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 25 13:13:24 UTC 2021

On 25/04/2021 13:21, Chriztoffer Hansen wrote:
>> Can wiregurard ifaces be enslaved by LInux bridge? I tried
>> but it did not work for me. Similarly "mavclan" -
>> would/should wireguard work that way?
> Why would you want to enslave an L3-only capable interface to an L2 bridge?
>
> What is your use case behind the question?

Containers. Simple (but also can be complex too as scales
easily) case where containers would be glued together and be
able to communicate across nodes/hosts via wireguard
tunnel/link.
I'm looking at it from a 'regular' admin standpoint.
Then it'd be just one wiregurard host-to-host link which all
container could utilize, as oppose to separate wireguard
for/in each container.

many thanks, L.