WireGuardNT BSOD Windows 10 21H1 Mullvad

Andre Christanto christantoandre at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 10:20:35 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Thank you very much for developing WireGuard. I have been using it
daily for all my VPN needs.
This is my first time using mailing list, so please give me feedback
if I'm using this wrong.

Today after I received notification that an update was available, I
immediately update my WireGuard installation and while waiting for the
installation to complete, I enabled the ExperimentalKernelDriver flag.
After the update was completed and WireGuard automatically reconnected
my VPN connection, my Windows almost immediately got BSOD (~2-3s after
VPN connected notification) and keep getting it after restarts (I set
my account to auto-login). Thinking that maybe I shouldn't enable the
flag immediately after an update, I disabled the flag through Safe
Mode. But after a restart and enablement of the flag, I still got BSOD
after WireGuard was connected. In the end, I decided to disable
WireGuardNT for now and report this feedback.

I am using WireGuard on my Windows 10 x64 21H1 installation. My VPN
provider is Mullvad and I am connected through wireless (Wi-Fi 5)
connection using Intel 9260 network card. I also attached WireGuard's
log to this email.

Thank you very much for the support!

Best regards,
Andre Christanto