wireguard-windows incompatible with Win10 hotspot

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sat Aug 7 23:19:44 UTC 2021

On Sun, Aug 8, 2021 at 1:00 AM Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
> So, hm. I'll have to try to make a test environment for that, though
> it might be slightly tricky given the hardware I have available. I'll
> see what I can do.

Turns out a USB wifi adapter and a boring VM made this very easy to
reproduce. Indeed I can confirm the bug, though I don't yet understand
it. I assume that the Windows 10 Hotspot feature is using some sort of
redirection rules without taking into account IP_UNICAST_IF or
IP_PKTINFO, so likely a Windows bug. Hm...