macOS socks5 system proxy not working

Nils social.nst at mailbox.org
Thu Dec 16 19:27:36 UTC 2021

Hello,
I resonantly figured out that my socks5 system proxy is working with the VPN Providers App (using wireguard), but not when using the WireGuard App (App Store).

When using the WireGuard App the system socks5 proxy seems to be ignored by all applications.
My VPN Provider is aware of this Issue and recommends using his App, they think it has something to do with the way the WireGuard App adds the tunnels to the macOS network settings panel.

Is this a know issue?

I'm on running WireGuard on Apple M1 Pro macOS 12.1

Cheers,
Nils