Wireguard not available for CentOS Stream

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 13:56:10 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 8:06 AM Silvan Nagl <mail at 53c70r.de> wrote:

> Thank you for this information.
> Since Stream is more or less like a very old Fedora version now I am
> convinced using Fedora Server wont be that bad at all.
>
> Gonna test it soon.

Yeah, I think you'll like it.

I got tired of dicking around with all the breaks and workarounds
caused by Red Hat and CentOS antique software. I also did not feel
comfortable with abandoned kernels.

I don't understand how Red Hat or CentOS can provide a 2.6 or 3.10
kernel in good conscience. Even the kernel folks tell you to use a
modern kernel, because those old kernels get no attention. The new
kernels get the bug fixes and security updates (and include the bug
fixes of the old kernels).

Jeff