Userspace Networking Stack + WireGuard + Go

Julian Orth ju.orth at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 16:26:08 UTC 2021

On 13/01/2021 17.04, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:

 > Even if you're unprivileged and want a WireGuard interface for just a
 > single application that's bound to the lifetime of that application,
 > you can still use WireGuard's normal kernel interface inside of a user
 > namespace + a network namespace, and get a private process-specific
 > WireGuard interface.

That's what my patches from back in 2018 were trying to accomplish.
Unless I've missed something since, I do not see how what you're
describing would work.  Unless you also

- create a TUN device in the network namespace
- add a default route through that TUN device
- manually route all traffic between the init network namespace and your
   network namespace.

Is that what you meant or is there a simpler way?