WireGuard for Windows tunnel deactivation after prolonged resolution failure during startup

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Fri Jan 29 20:14:02 UTC 2021

Hey Joshua,

Ahhh that's a good point -- users sometimes must manually connect. And
in this case, you're expecting for WireGuard to resolve those hosts
and turn on the second a connection is available.

I suppose it should be possible to detect when we're started at boot
(not sure how yet) and retry indefinitely in that case. That's a
little tricky to program because I'd still like the user to be able to
terminate the service. But not impossible. I'll think on it. And I've
added it to the TODO:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-jlULsy1uDun-b4ow3RvnNQJU5K_pAv87sqDAfK66Kk/edit

In case you're curious, the code in question is here at the moment:
https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-windows/tree/conf/dnsresolver_windows.go