WireGuard is broken on iOS 15 beta

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Fri Jun 11 07:53:59 UTC 2021

On 6/11/21, Andrej Mihajlov <and at mullvad.net> wrote:
> IIRC one thing to consider with that lookup: iOS enables users to run
> Personal VPN and Custom VPN (aka WireGuard) side-by-side so there is a
> chance you may pick the wrong utun.

That doesn't make any sense. File descriptors are not OS-global;
they're process-local. That's how Unix FDs have worked since forever.
Unless you're suggesting "personal VPN" is somehow resident in the
same network extension process as WireGuard's "custom VPN"?

By the way, did the experiment in your branch work? I'd prefer a
direct route to brute forcing FDs, if possible. But if not, seems like
my kludge might ultimately do the trick.