Support for M1 MacBook Simulators

Igor Bozin igorbzin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 11:14:15 UTC 2021

Hello David and Neutron,

my setup is following: I have added the WG library as a SPM dependency to my project and followed all steps as described in the Github readme from wireguard:

https://github.com/WireGuard/wireguard-apple

What I am trying to do is to build a framework which has some other functionality on top and wrap WG within that framework. I can build just fine for iOS arm64 and iPhone simulator x86_64 architectures.

When I try to do the steps you described in the linked message, to build a framework for arm64 iPhone simulator, I still get the following error when I try to build the project with an arm64 simulator target:

/Users/igorbozin/Projects/cyan-internetprotectionsdk-ios/InternetProtectionApp.xcodeproj Building for iOS Simulator, but the linked library 'libwg-go.a' was built for iOS.

Is there a way to modify the makefile, so I can build a version of libwg-go.a for arm64 iPhone simulators?

Best regards,

Igor