Behaviour on MTU problem

M. Dietrich mdt at emdete.de
Mon Oct 4 05:30:44 UTC 2021

Quotation from Art Botterell at August 30, 2021 21:55:
> One reads about fragmentation-induced failures and about
> various MTU values that did or didn't work in a particular
> situation.  [...]  what we could look out for in order
> automatically to detect MTU issues [...] Is there some sort
> of a ‘fragtest’ network utility out there?

My request was neither about anekdotic problems with different
MTU sizes nor any automatic detection of a correct size and
test utilities.

i was asking why the kernel module is completly locking up if
a MTU size problem is present.

best regards, Michael