[ANNOUNCE] WireGuardNT, a high-performance WireGuard implementation for the Windows kernel

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun Oct 17 05:08:52 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

As described in August:

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 11:28 AM Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
>   Phase 3) WireGuardNT is enabled, and wireguard-go/Wintun is removed from
>            the client. [Do note: as projects and codebases, both Wintun and
>            wireguard-go will continue to be maintained, as they have
>            applications and uses outside of our WireGuard client, and Wintun
>            has uses outside of WireGuard in general.]

After a considerable amount of testing and 11 releases, we are now in
phase 3, and the transition is complete. WireGuard for Windows v0.5 is
being released as we speak, and contains WireGuardNT 0.10.1, which is
now fully WHQL Certified and will run on all flavors of Windows
Server.

Thank you very much to everyone who helped test and stabilize this code.

Regards,