ipv6 connexion fail - ipv4 OK (SOLVED)

Daniel tech at tootai.net
Fri Sep 3 13:59:32 UTC 2021

Hello

Le 30/08/2021 à 19:59, Roman Mamedov a écrit :
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 19:44:21 +0200
> Daniel <tech at tootai.net> wrote:
>
>>> Do you get WG working at all, between some other two hosts (not involving this
>>> particular server for now)?
>> Yes. Clients are shown on both sides as connected, trafic seems to go
>> out on each side but other one as received near to nothing.
> I mean not just "shown as connected", but have you got actual traffic working
> between any two hosts. Even just forgetting this server for a while. So that
> you can rule out some general issue and concentrate on just the particular
> machine setup.

I got it.

1. you can't use ipv6 IP from the range of /64 (or other) that you
connect to. As workaround, I build an ULA/64 network to connect both
ends using one ipv6 from the /64 range of the server to connect
2. once the tunnel is up nothing is shown on wg show until first packet
arrive. If you try to ping from server to client -which was my case- you
get an error destination address has to be specified. But as soon as the
client has send a packet (ping or keepalive), tunnel is open both ways
3. the MTU I have to use is 1436

Thanks all for your help.

--
Daniel