Wireguard Neighborhood (IPv6)

Jeroen Massar jeroen at massar.ch
Fri Sep 24 15:45:58 UTC 2021

If you have something like the very common setup:

{internet} -> [wgserver] -> [wgclient] -> [local LAN]

Then if you have address space routed to wgserver, just route a /64 to wgclient and then normally radvd(&dhcpv6) it, done.

If you only have a single /64 on the server, then indeed you need to hack around with ndproxy.

But given that ISPs have near infinite IPv6 space... they should be able to route you a simple /64 and technically, from a RIR perspective should even be doing minimal /56 or even a /48...

Greets,
 Jeroen