Is it possible to disable wireguard on specific Wi-Fi ?

Nohk Two nohktwo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 02:12:21 UTC 2022

Hello,

I setup a wireguard server at home and has a public IP address. This
server allows the clients to access my LAN (e.g. 192.168.87.0/24) and
configuring the DNS servers as my DNS servers in my LAN (e.g.
192.168.87.1 and 192.168.87.2).

My family members use their phones (iPhone and Android) to connect to my
LAN via the Wireguard for iOS/Android App. And this worked perfectly
while the phones are using the 4G/5G network.

But when the phones connect to the Wi-Fi of my home's router, the DHCP
assigns the IP addresses as 192.168.87.0/24, it's my LAN, to the phones.
In this situation, phones' owners should manually turn off their
Wireguard connection to have the internet accessing. I guess there are
something conflict because the vanilla IP network and the allowed IP
network are the same.

So, I have this idea that if it is possible to configure the Wireguard
app to turn off or disable automatically when the network is established
on specific Wi-Fi SSIDs ?

Or do you have better ideas ?

Thanks.