Android App: dynamic configuration

Schaffner, Joerg Joerg.Schaffner at funkwerk.com
Wed Aug 10 13:14:01 UTC 2022

Hi guys,

Is there a way planned to pass a dynamically created configuration set to the wireguard android app? I have this use case as following:

Some devices receive information about a new, dynamically established VPN and want to connect to it. The information about the IP address, public key and so on is received from another Android app. This app creates the appropriate configuration set and causes the VPN to start based on this set.

I have seen that triggering the VPN connection is possible. But taking over the configuration set is not possible, isn't it?

best regards

Jörg Schaffner