[Question or feature request] Support multiple peer config file using something like /etc/wireguard/conf.d

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Tue Aug 23 16:20:48 UTC 2022

Hello,

On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 21:36:57 +0000
Quentin Vallin <Quentin.Vallin at anuvu.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to separate my peer configuration and automate it.
>
> I know that I can use the post hook PostUp = wg addconf /path/to/my/file
>
> It would be easier to have a special path were wireguard can merge the config file together, like /etc/wireguard/conf.d/<interface_name>/<files>.conf.

Personally I use my own shell script that concatenates pieces of the config
into a single file and runs wg on that. The same script also then handles
addresses, routes and such.

If you're doing any sort of non-trivial setup, you'd likely have a similar
wrapper on top of WG, and then it is easy to also make your own "conf.d".

--
With respect,
Roman