Feature Request :: Configuration-Option "ospf = yes|no" on Multi-Peer-Interfaces

markus at activezone.de markus at activezone.de
Thu Feb 10 00:21:07 UTC 2022

Hi!

Basically, I understood that WireGuard uses a kind of packet forwarding
(routing) via "allowed-ips". Since the beginning I have always used a
dedicated interface with "..., 224.0.0.5/32" for each peer and it works.
However, I believe that an option is missing in order to allow a
224.0.0.5 per peer in a multi-peer interface, that it is multicast
traffic, it shouldn't be a problem, right?! Or just an option "ospf =
yes|no" with which it is decided whether OSPF is transmitted in a peer
or not. This would allow even greater flexibility between peer nodes
with regard to dynamic routing. opinions on this?

Best regards,
Markus