Contributing to iOS app

Alessio Nossa alessio.nossa+list at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 15:45:34 UTC 2022

I am aware of the bug reported by Houman. To get around this problem I
have implemented a workaround: when the action needs to make changes
to the configuration, the main app is launched and the user can then
specify in Shortcut's action a URL to open when the action is
completed (default will be "shortcuts://"). This workaround has been
used by other apps like Working Copy [1] (in "Clone repository from"
action) for actions that need to be executed by the main app.
With this solution you cannot return results of the operation to
Shortcuts, but you can successfully get the work done and if something
went wrong, there is Wireguard's log to check.

One thing I had to change in the app to accomplish this is to move
TunnelsManager initialization from MainViewController to AppDelegate.
It will not slow down app startup since it is an asynchronous action
and I think it is fine to initialize the main component of the app's
logic, outside the view hierarchy.

Hopefully, one day the bug will be fixed and moving the action logic
to Intents Extension will be straightforward.

Regards,
Alessio

[1]: https://workingcopyapp.com/