How to improve Wireguard speed?

Houman houmie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:07:31 UTC 2022

Thanks for your reply.

I have run htop to observe the CPU consumption during this test, and
the CPU(s) go up only to 10-20%. So the CPU doesn't seem to be the
bottleneck.

I didn't change the MTU settings, but I have a suspicion about MTU. I
found this article here that makes some interesting suggestions to set
MTU to 1280: https://keremerkan.net/posts/wireguard-mtu-fixes/

And beyond that iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j
TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu