something affects wg iface - how to troubleshoot ?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 26 10:36:37 UTC 2022

Hi guys.

I have quite a peculiar case which possibly might interest
anybody - as oppose to just resolving an issue.
I use a very popular monitoring tool 'monit' to monit my wg0
iface and that works okey, meaning 'monit' does not see any
issue with wg0, but _only_ if 'qbittorrent' is _not_ running!
When 'qbittorrent' is running 'monit' is reporting:

'wg0' 5 upload errors detected
'wg0' trying to restart
'wg0' stop: '/usr/bin/systemctl stop wg-quick at wg0.service'
'wg0' start: '/usr/bin/systemctl start wg-quick at wg0.service'
'wg0' download errors check succeeded

in my case monit's action is to restart wg0 iface.
'qbittorrent' is not, should not be, particularly interested
in wg0 iface.

What do you think is happening there? I'm on Centos 9. Is
some kind of leakage or something more sinister happening there?
Lastly, how to investigate this, how to tell what is
happening to wg iface?

many thanks, L.