APK outside of Play Store?

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun Oct 2 08:56:59 UTC 2022

On Sun, Oct 02, 2022 at 03:03:51AM +0000, wireguard at bulletin.elitemail.org wrote:
> F-Droid builds on EOL Debian Stretch using an outdated toolchain and
> dependencies is not the way. An official build on a supported non-EOL
> OS signed by first-party development is.

Is there actually something inferior about the apks it generates? Yes,
we all know fdroid's infra is crumbly. But is there something wrong with
its output files? Can you point to something technically substantive
there? If you can identify a real technical problem, maybe there's
something I can do about that, by working with the fdroid developers, or
otherwise find some way. In the past, they've been able to bump NDK/SDK
revisions and whatnot without too much hassle. And these days, all is
usually fine so long as we stick with the non-beta releases (that is,
the open source releases) of AGP. But maybe now you've identified a new
problem? On the other hand, if you cannot identity a real technical
problem, I'm not sure I have much to comment on.