MacOS app update needed

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Sep 22 11:43:12 UTC 2022

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 10:22 AM Bruno <bandry at ut1.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Windows Client project don't feel alive either. Last commit has 6 months
> and last release is 9 month old.
>
> Same, here https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-windows/log/ and here
> https://github.com/WireGuard/wireguard-windows
>
> Version 0.5.3 works well, but I suppose it can be even better!

That seems pretty uncalled for. Folks asking for a wireguard-apple
update have good reason to do so -- there are outstanding bugs and
pull requests. But for wireguard-windows/wireguard-nt? C'mon now --
that's received some *extremely* active development, stabilizing after
nearly weekly updates for some time. Are there outstanding pull
requests for it? So your note here really isn't appreciated. The
WireGuard project doesn't churn out code and updates just for the sake
of writing code and doing updates. Things need to have rationale.
There will be updates to wireguard-windows/wireguard-nt at some point
when development makes sense there. But right now? Is there something
pending? Instead maybe be thankful that that software has reached a
point of stability where project development energies can go into more
pressing tasks, such as wireguard-apple.