MacOS app update needed

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Sep 22 11:48:13 UTC 2022

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 9:31 AM Simon Karberg <simon.karberg at agillic.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been testing the Domain Search functionality on all 3 OS'
> (Windows, Mac & Linux) and the setting:
>
> DNS=<dns server>, <search domains>
> Is only being applied on Windows & Linux.
>
> Further testing on MacOS I've found that the homebrew installation works.
> wiregurd-go is version 0.0.20220316 and wireguard-tools is version 1.0.20210914
>
> The App Store app is version:
> App: 1.0.15 (26)
> Go backend: 2ef39d47

Huh, that's surprising. This was added a few years ago with 9231c035
("global: support DNS search domains"), so it definitely *should* be
supported. Might be a bug with the network config from
PacketTunnelSettingsGenerator. I'll look into this when circling back
to wireguard-apple development. Thanks for mentioning it.