Prevent all traffic from going through the WG tunnel

Jeremy Hansen jeremy at skidrow.la
Wed Jan 4 06:44:21 UTC 2023

I have a remote network that I've tied in to my WG server.  I'm noticing
that all traffic from this remote network that goes outbound to the
internet is getting routed through my wireguard server.

Client config:
[Interface]
PrivateKey = XXXX
Address = 10.10.10.10/32
ListenPort = 51821

[Peer]
PublicKey = XXXX
Endpoint = 11.11.11.11:51821 <- IP of the WG server.
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0, ::/0
PersistentKeepAlive=25

Server config:
[Interface]
PrivateKey = XXXX
Address = 10.10.10.1/32
ListenPort = 51821

PostUp = iptables -A FORWARD -i %i -j ACCEPT; iptables -A FORWARD -o %i
-j ACCEPT; iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eno1 -j MASQUERADE
PostDown = iptables -D FORWARD -i %i -j ACCEPT; iptables -D FORWARD -o
%i -j ACCEPT; iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -o eno1 -j MASQUERADE

# IP forwarding
PreUp = sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

[Peer]
PublicKey = XXXX
AllowedIPs = 10.10.10.10/32, 192.168.128.0/17 <- Client's internal
network.

My goal is that regular outbound traffic just goes out the client node's
outside routable interface and traffic between the internal networks
goes through wireguard.

For example, I'm seeing email being sent through the MTA I have
configured on the "client" is showing up as originating from the
outbound IP of the "server".

Thanks!