Mini PCIE HW accelerator for ChaCha20

Antonio Quartulli a at unstable.cc
Mon Jun 17 11:42:50 UTC 2024

Hi,

On 17/06/2024 13:08, Germano Massullo wrote:
> Il 17/06/24 11:45, Antonio Quartulli ha scritto:
>> Have you tried running the test between a client, behind the omnia
>> turris and the wg server?
>
> Do you mean a configuration where the Turris Omnia is not acting as
> Wireguard peer/gateway? I could do it but I prefer not

No no. Sorry I might have used the wrong words.

Basically you should keep the wg setup as it is, but instead of running
the iperf client on the turris, you run it on another host that uses the
turris as gateway (as if the turris was the gateway of a LAN).

This way the tunnel is still established between the turris and the
server (which is what you want to test), but you move the traffic
generation to a different host (which is most likely what you will have
in a real scenario).

I hope I clarified your doubt.

Regards,

--