Mini PCIE HW accelerator for ChaCha20

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Mon Jun 17 12:41:59 UTC 2024

On Mon, 17 Jun 2024 14:32:19 +0200
Germano Massullo <germano.massullo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Got it. That configuration will not improve the throughput cause the
> reason why I started this benchmark is finding out the bottleneck in my
> configuration, which is very similar to the one you described

Point is that iperf itself is using a huge amount of CPU. You can run your
test and launch "top" in another SSH window. In my experience for slow CPUs
during such tests the CPU use may be like 60% iperf.

If your typical scenario is router just forwarding packets between networks
and into WG tunnel, and not providing any network services itself (such as
Samba), testing with iperf launched on the router will not be representative
of real-world usage bottleneck or lack thereof.

--
With respect,
Roman