Wireguard uses incorrect interface - routing issue

Daniel Gröber dxld at darkboxed.org
Fri Jun 21 15:18:53 UTC 2024

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 21, 2024 at 03:54:39PM +0200, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> ... and in case you do find someone interested at all there is still the
> problem of no signaling to anyone when a client connects.
> I hardly can remember the decade when all this was implemented in cipe.

Yeah. Can be hard to get attention on netdev, but I've been advised that
when the maintainance of a (sub)subsystem is in question that is an issue
they'll take notice of. So be sure to lament the fact that Jason hasn't
been responding in at least a year on this ML ;)

IIRC we have a patch for netlink notifications on handshakes flying
around somewhere tho. Just needs some more work.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2024 at 04:42:02PM +0200, Diyaa Alkanakre wrote:
> The better approach would be to exclude the IPs from your WireGuard
> AllowedIPs. I always exclude IPs if I can before doing policy based
> routing.
>
> https://www.procustodibus.com/blog/2021/03/wireguard-allowedips-calculator/

Interesting approach, thanks for the pointer :)

--Daniel