Wireguard address binding - how to fix?

Nico Schottelius nico.schottelius at ungleich.ch
Tue May 21 14:34:04 UTC 2024

Hey Sebastian,

Sebastian Hyrvall <sh at keff.org> writes:
> [...]
> Anyway. I've waited for this binding option for years. It's insane to
> me it gets ignored.

I have to second this very strongly.

> One product is for example Mikrotik hardware. They don't want to
> implement third party patches so they are waiting for this bind-patch
> to be included in the kernel. Until then we're forced to use OpenVPN
> in our setups.

As well as this one. As written in the previous mail, virtually every
established networking software out there supports IP address binding,
with the exception of wireguard.

Dear wireguard authors, can be go into the direction of accepting an
already written patch (thanks again Daniel) or if that patch is not
suitable for some reason at least discuss what needs to be changed so
that IP address binding can make its way into wireguard?

BR,

Nico

--
Sustainable and modern Infrastructures by ungleich.ch