auto completion with tab: separate commands and tree structure

Reed Wade reedwade at misterbanal.net
Sat Mar 28 08:50:12 CET 2020

> Ok, sounds good. Do you agree that this would be a bit nicer tab
> autocompletion? Or do you mind a lot having to type 'show' to get the
> second autocompletion? :) .

I just always type 'show' so it only giving me the tree.

> Do you think you would be able to implement the change you described
> in your last message?

I don't think anyone want to remove the command shortcut show sorry :D

> If not I can give it a look / try, but I do not
> have too much experience with this sort of scripting.

I think the better thing to do in this case, is downloading the
pass script and the autocompletion script, putting them in your ~/bin
and .local/share/bash-completion/completions/ pathes and customize them.

Removing the shortcut probably is easy, adapting the autocompletion
script will need a little more understanding.

A little tuto I use myself is :
https://opensource.com/article/18/3/creating-bash-completion-script