Sharing peer data

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca luizluca at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 03:47:01 CEST 2018

> Just one question: let's assume B and C got the required information
> about each other's IPs/public keys from A. Will they now communicate
> directly without relying on A in whatever way?... It is important to
> know for the case when A is a server with metered paid traffic... Will
> the communication between B and C affect the traffic of A or not?

In my point of view, it is something that all nodes must agree to accept (a
non-default option). Of course, if node A wants to measure traffic, it
ahould not allow it, forcing all traffic from B to C to pass through it.

I imagine something like:

Node A: hey node B, I noticed that you are sending traffic to another
remote node (node C). You can continue to send traffic through me but, in
parallel, could you please try to contact node C directly? It is currently
using ip x.x.x.x and its pubkey is aaaaaa.
--

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca
luizluca at gmail.com