Fwd: Unable to browse Public repo

Lars Hjemli hjemli at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 09:10:56 CEST 2011

[Forgot to CC the list]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lars Hjemli <hjemli at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 09:09
Subject: Re: Unable to browse Public repo
To: Dejan Tolj <dejan1 at gmail.com>

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 00:12, Dejan Tolj <dejan1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> After installing cgit, I went into the configuration and changed this:
>
> repo.url=test
> repo.path=/home/dtolj/repositories/test
> repo.desc=the master foo repository
> repo.owner=dtolj at example.com
> repo.readme=info/web/about.html
>
> I create a new public repo like so:
> git init --bare /home/dtolj/repositories/test
>
> But I get an error message:
> Not a git repository: '/home/dtolj/repositories/test'

This is usually a permission problem: cgit needs to stat a few files
in the repo and read the content of HEAD when "opening" the repo, and
if this fails you'll get the quoted error message. Since cgit is
executed by your webserver, you'll have to make sure that the
webserver user account has read-access to the repositories.

--
larsh