CGIT not working with PATH_INFO under Ubuntu 10.04 / Lighttpd

Angus Turnbull angus at twinhelix.com
Fri Mar 11 04:35:43 CET 2011

> Even more strange (I was hoping to see some munging of query params
> due to url rewriting or some such). But with identical input, you
> should get identical output (ctx->repo should point at the correct
> repo-struct in all the above cases), so I assume that ctx->repo
> somehow becomes NULL after the call to cgit_get_repoinfo(), but only
> when initialized via cgit_parse_url().
>
> Could you try running cgit under gdb to find the culprit? E.g:
>
> $ PATH_INFO=fsmenu gdb ./cgit
> (gdb) break cgit_parse_url
> (gdb) run

I'm not running any URL rewriting on my CGIT instance except for setting
the index page for the subdomain to "/cgit".

Output from GDB at a console:

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.2-ubuntu
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
(gdb) break cgit_parse_url
Breakpoint 1 at 0x4080fc: file parsing.c, line 22.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /pathname/cgit

Breakpoint 1, cgit_parse_url (url=0x6ca030 "fsmenu") at parsing.c:22
22	parsing.c: No such file or directory.
	in parsing.c
(gdb)

If run normally, it generates a page with the main index logo/header
and: