Cgit v0.9.2 problem with get_repo_modtime

Lukas Fleischer cgit at cryptocrack.de
Wed Aug 14 23:14:04 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 04:12:09PM -0400, Eugene Sajine wrote:
> I have a minor problem with Cgit v 0.9.2 (upgraded from 0.8.3.3)
>
> Since i have updated the installation yesterday all repositories
> that were shown as idle before for some time are now shown to be
> idle for 4 days - all of them except for very recent ones. This
> amount changes as the time passes (yesterday it was 3), but the
> problem is that it is different from the actual time the repos were
> touched. I.e. it is different from what i can see inside each repo.

What does "touched" mean here? Did you really leave them untouched for
more than four days? No `git push`, `git gc` or anything similar?

> Can it be that get_repo_modtime function from repolist.c calculates
> the idle time differently than whatever function does that for the
> references inside the repo?

Not sure what "the references inside the repo" means. If you refer to
the time of the last commit, that is indeed different from the idle time
by default. Please make sure you read [1] and replies for details.