Cgit v0.9.2 problem with get_repo_modtime

Eugene Sajine esajine at interactivebrokers.com
Thu Aug 15 16:42:38 CEST 2013

On 8/14/2013 5:14 PM, Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 04:12:09PM -0400, Eugene Sajine wrote:
>> I have a minor problem with Cgit v 0.9.2 (upgraded from 0.8.3.3)
>>
>> Since i have updated the installation yesterday all repositories
>> that were shown as idle before for some time are now shown to be
>> idle for 4 days - all of them except for very recent ones. This
>> amount changes as the time passes (yesterday it was 3), but the
>> problem is that it is different from the actual time the repos were
>> touched. I.e. it is different from what i can see inside each repo.
> What does "touched" mean here? Did you really leave them untouched for
> more than four days? No `git push`, `git gc` or anything similar?

Well, we have more than 1300 repos, so some of them don't get any
updates for quite a while, so it is possible to see no git push for
weeks or months
I didn't know that "git gc" is counted as "touch" or "modification", so
that makes now perfect sense - we do have weekly gc running. I don't
think it was counted as such before (at v 0.8.3.3)

I will take a close look at the agefile

Thanks!

[1] http://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/cgit/2013-July/001443.html