RFE: Show just diff summary

Konstantin Ryabitsev mricon at kernel.org
Mon Dec 29 21:09:55 CET 2014

On 23/12/14 09:30 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Ahh yes, of course -- John has done it, and it's been merged
> here: ddfaef6bb28e697491b25bff5a7b260d44ce6ccf

Hi, all:

I actually had a chance to try it out now. It looks pretty nice, but has
an unintended downside in the sense that "dt=2" is sticky. E.g. for a
link like:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/diff/?id=v3.19-rc2&id2=v3.19-rc1&dt=2

This will show the diffstat only, but then if I click on any of the
files for more details, the "diffstat only" mode persists. The user
would then need to know to change to "unified" in the dropdown on the
right to see actual diff contents.

It's not a bug per se, just wondering if we can improve the user experience.

Best,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Linux Foundation Collab Projects