RFE: author/committer/tagger links (enable cgit to show gravatar for author, committer and tagger)

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Jan 9 18:50:29 CET 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Konstantin Ryabitsev <mricon at kernel.org> wrote:
> That's pretty nifty.

Cool. Would you consider enabling this on kernel.org? I'll probably
merge it in a few days (still working out some bugs). Seems like the
kind of thing that might give cgit a lot of positive attention...

> That reminds me -- I'm working on a web-of-trust
> site for kernel.org and something I wouldn't mind having is a way to
> link from cgit to the web of trust for that person. E.g. an email
> address for "torvalds at linux-foundation.org" on this page
> (http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=d6e0a2dd12f4067a5bcefb8bbd8ddbeff800afbc)
> would be wrapped in a link such as:

> torvalds at linux-foundation.org</a>
>
> which will bring up a page similar to:
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/wot/torvalds.html
>
> Not sure whether that would clash with any of your existing plans for
> user links, but figured I'd bring this up for a discussion.

We already support module-link and repo.module-link for making
clickable submodules. I don't see why we wouldn't be able to apply the
same idiom to a email-link and repo.email-link setting. I'll look into
this. I suppose a default setting, or maybe just a suggested setting
in the documentation, would be to issue a search for that email. But
this could then be used to instead link out to your upcoming web of
trust platform. How does this sound?