owner links? (was: author/committer/tagger links -- kernel.org?)

Kyle J. McKay mackyle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 04:28:20 CET 2014

On Jan 15, 2014, at 17:22, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Konstantin Ryabitsev <mricon at kernel.org
> > wrote:
>> That's pretty nifty. That reminds me -- I'm working on a web-of-trust
>> site for kernel.org and something I wouldn't mind having is a way to
>> link from cgit to the web of trust for that person. E.g. an email
>> address for "torvalds at linux-foundation.org" on this page
>> (http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=d6e0a2dd12f4067a5bcefb8bbd8ddbeff800afbc
>> )
>> would be wrapped in a link such as:

>> ">
>> torvalds at linux-foundation.org</a>
>>
>> which will bring up a page similar to:
>> https://www.kernel.org/doc/wot/torvalds.html
>
> Not sure if you've been following along, but we've got the
> email-filter patches merged along with the lua support, so this should
> allow for some pretty neat scripts to do exactly what you want --
> <http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/filters/email-gravatar.lua> as a
> sample. Is this API sufficient for you? If you don't want to have the
> web of trust links everywhere, you can use the "page" argument to
> filter_open as a distinguishing factor. Please let me know if you need
> anything else!

On repo.or.cz I've hooked up project owner to a link that shows a list
of all projects owned by the same person.

So, for example, the owner name is passed in and you end up getting
back links like [1] and [2].  (You can see where this shows up by
pulling up one of the project summary pages on repo.or.cz such as the
cgit mirror [3].)

Looking at the new docs for this [4] I don't see an option to filter
owners.  I see that the owner is passed in as "CGIT_REPO_OWNER", but I
don't see an opportunity to produce the owner markup.  Is it there and
I'm just not seeing it?

The repo.or.cz pages also try to make the email addresses more
difficult to scrape by generating peculiar markup (the
HTML::Email::Obfuscate package) so conceivably this could be handled
in the owner filter as well.

Kyle

[1] http://repo.or.cz/projlist.cgi?name=18813f71506ebad74179bf8c5a136696
[2] http://repo.or.cz/projlist.cgi?name=86f09ae391e201f5d0c4b89906b2010b