Missing dependency

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Fri Jan 17 23:36:07 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 8:08 PM, Félix C. Morency
<felix.morency at gmail.com> wrote:
> You should add pkg-config to the list of dependencies in the README. It is
> required if you want to build with Lua support. Also, it might be a good
> idea to check for pkg-config presence in the Makefile.

Thanks for the report; this is a good idea.

Do you have any ideas on a fallback, for when pkg-config isn't
available? I know for LUA_IMPLEMENTATION=VANILLA, we can probably just
add a -llua to LIBS, but it's not as straight forward for
LUA_IMPLEMENTATION=JIT. Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Jason