Support for submodules in tree view?

John Keeping john at keeping.me.uk
Thu Mar 5 19:25:53 CET 2015

On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 06:19:31PM +0000, Dunnigan, Terrence J wrote:
> We are using cgit 0.10.1. Some of our repos have submodules, and when
> I look at a tree view I see the name of the submodule with its current
> hash, e.g.
>
> m---------  Utilities @ 350bc94
>
> The submodule names are all hyperlinks, but the actual link is just a
> "#". So clicking on it doesn't do anything.
>
> Is this the correct behavior? Or something on my system improperly
> configured to support submodules?

You probably need to set the "module-link" configuration variable in
your cgitrc file.

Since it's possible for submodules to link to a different server, there
isn't really much CGit can do in the general case.  Note that there's
also "repo.module-link.<path>" in case your submodule paths don't match
up to their URLs, although I'm quite surprised we don't support a filter
to map submodule URLs to links - something to go on the TODO list
perhaps...