Render markdown files in tree view

John Keeping john at keeping.me.uk
Thu Dec 8 21:18:21 CET 2016

On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 04:06:01PM +0100, Lukasz Janyst wrote:
> First of all, thanks for all the great work on cgit. Awesome stuff!
>
> In my setup, I like to have the markdown files in the repos rendered as
> HTML instead of having them highlighted as code. Turns out it's fairly
> easy to achieve using filters. I attach the necessary patches. Feel free
> to commit if you think they are generally useful.

In relation to the first patch specifically, I posted a more
comprehensive series a couple of months ago following a request on the
list, the thread starts here:

	https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/cgit/2016-September/003289.html

Does that series work for your use case?  I think your patch will break
rendering for genuine source code and that remains a key use case for
CGit.