[pass] why copy to clipboard?

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at orangeseeds.org
Thu Dec 6 06:39:58 CET 2012

On 2012-12-05, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hi Antoine,
>
> Xterm supports pasting from the ordinary clipboard, not just from the
> primary selection buffer. Consult the documentation -- it's in there
> somewhere. Let me know what you find.

xterm does support it, it's an xresource that flips it to use only the
clipboard, but i prefer *not* to use the clipboard in xterm.

> That said, I understand some neckbearded types of folks love the
> traditional X11 flow of middle-clicking and selecting all over the
> place, the same kind of genius that goes wild with Plan 9's Acme
> editor. Those types of people are likely to not really care for the
> other mode, nor really be altering back and forth between middle-click
> and ctrl+v, so I don't think having a command line switch is useful.
> Rather, I had in mind exactly what Brian provided -- a simple
> environment variable that you could set in your

So I guess I consider myself one of those freakish neckbeards. :P And
since copying to clipboard is already a commandline option, how about
simply adding a *separate* one to copy to the primary selection? Seems
to me that the two features could simply be orthogonal.

I'd be willing to roll a patch for that...

Thanks,

A.

--
Antoine Beaupré +++ Réseau Koumbit Networks +++ +1.514.387.6262 #208