[pass] Convert from individual to group/team key

Daniel Motles seltom.dan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 23:45:12 CET 2012

Greetings!

I'm very much a newbie of gpg and trying my best to get acquainted with it - I made a key with "gpg2 --gen-key" and started using password-store. It's worked great but I'd like to reencrypt with a group key so that each of my devices can use a different key pair. Question 1: Does this make sense or should I stick to copying my private key around?

If I should go with the group key option, as I understand it, I need to do figure out the gpg command to create a new group key and add my existing key to said group. The documentation for "--group name=value1" isn't very clear to me. I don't know what other options I should pass in to gpg (am I editing my existing key? am I generating a new one?). I'm not sure what "name" or "value1" are supposed to be exactly. So Question 2: would anyone be so kind as to point me in the right direction on how to do this?

Best,
Dan