[pass] Convert from individual to group/team key

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Dec 25 13:16:44 CET 2012

Hi Daniel,

I don't usually like to copy my private key all over the place. Group
keys are a good way of doing this.

The gpg commands for making that happen are kind of odd. I was
confused too at first. But, take a look at ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf. There
should be comments in there that let you make a group my specifying it
in the file. If yours is without comments, here are mine:

# Group names may be defined like this:
#   group mynames = paige 0x12345678 joe patti
#
# Any time "mynames" is a recipient (-r or --recipient), it will be
# expanded to the names "paige", "joe", and "patti", and the key ID
# "0x12345678".  Note there is only one level of expansion - you
# cannot make an group that points to another group.  Note also that
# if there are spaces in the recipient name, this will appear as two
# recipients.  In these cases it is better to use the key ID.

#group mynames = paige 0x12345678 joe patti

Hope this helps.

Jason